Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Wheelchairs, endurance, learning restraint

Yes, you probably will be seeing me in a wheelchair.
No, that doesn't mean I'm worse, or can't walk.

Actually, I'm continuing to slowly feel better!  My bad days aren't so bad, and my good days are becoming GREAT days!  Feeling better, though, doesn't mean I'm back to normal.

Now that I'm feeling better I tend to want to do more. Unfortunately, my endurance doesn't match my sense of well being. It is really easy to over do it.  For instance, I can feel good enough to walk in a store, but then once I'm in there for a bit I realize I can't walk out.

The wheelchair is a necessity to conserve my energy.  It is going to allow me the freedom to do more outside the house.  I don't have to limit myself to stores that have wheelchairs and I am able to go on family outings that involve walking.  If my legs aren't tired I find I can engage in conversation for longer periods of time without my arms going all crazy.

What's really cool is that I'm now doing forms as part of my physical therapy.  I haven't attempted any moves in my 3rd degree form yet, but I can slowly work my way through Songahm 1 and Songahm 2.  The human body amazes me!  I can limp down the stairs to the studio, and then preform two forms with decent balance and body control.

I completely attribute my improvement to what I'm putting into my body nutritionally.  I just started the alkaline, ionized water and I think that is contributing to my improvement.  Wouldn't it be cool to go to my appointment in November with the Lyme Literate Practitioner and have minimal symptoms?!  I am really praying for a quick recovery!  I hope that I have jump started myself on the path back to wellness.

I am continually grateful for all the forms of support my friends, family and community have shown.   As hard as this has been on me, it has been equally hard on my husband and kids.  They have been troopers through this.  I'm so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment