Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Out of the Fog

Many of you reading this have been watching me post or talk about the excitement I have over a new company and new products I'm now using!  I thought I would start a new blog in order to focus my conversation on this part of my life in one spot.

I will be blogging often on the products, the business, health, network marketing and my life in regards to how Juuva is benefiting me!

I am going to use this first blog to just explain WHY I'm so excited!

I'm Out Of The Fog!
Now, let me preference, I started to come out of the fog when I stopped eating gluten.   Before I cut gluten out of my diet I couldn't get out of my own way.  I'll use the pain scale often used in doctors offices to explain.  Before going gluten free my discomfort and ability to function was at a 2.  No, I'm not exaggerating.  Doing my needed activities, work and self-care, were all I had energy for.  My migraines were intense and often.  I was sluggish, unable to concentrate, and over all feeling depressed.  (I was depressed due to how horrible I felt!).  I often would look around me at others fully enjoying life and wondered what that would be like.  I resolved that God had intended for me to suffer like this for a reason and I just had to do the best I could with what I had.  I would find comfort in Paul and the affliction God wouldn't take away from him. 

When I went gluten free my comfort level was lifted to a 6!  My headaches became non-exsistent, I had an increase in clarity of thought and my energy level improved!  I did not see improvement in my bodies immunity, and although my energy was increased, I still needed my POT of coffee a day!  I also was zapped enough with all I did throughout the day that I struggled to find time or ambition to work out.  Also, although my headaches improved and a lot of my aches and pains were gone, I still had significant pain that I knew was due to arthritis.  I didn't expect to ever find relief from that, and I was so happy to not have headaches anymore.  I set goals to help motivate me to make exercise a priority.

Then it happened, I had a major injury at work.  I was taken to the hospital on a stretcher.  CAT scans revealed that I had an underlining condition that had been compounded by the neck injury I had just suffered.  I had cervical stenosis, bone spurs and vertebrate issues.  Basically I had the spinal column of a 50+ year old!  I was informed it was degenerative and that physical therapy could help me strengthen my muscles to help slow down the inevitable process of my neck and spine slowly worsening.

YAY, just the news I needed, especially with the fact I was trying to prepare to test for my 4th degree black belt.  I set new goals, and resolved I would overcome this.

The pain was daily, and severe.  My headaches returned.  I took a prescription level of ibuprofen just to function at work.  My twice a week theraputic massage and unltrasound treatments helped in giving me brief relief, I did find some improvement in my pain level which was encouraging. 

And then it happened.....

I got really sick, finally I was hospitalized and discovered I had ulcers.  After testing it was concluded that the ulcers were due to the amount of ibuprofen and Excedrin I was taking.  It didn't help that apparently I had a hernia as well.  I was told I couldn't use the pain meds anymore and was prescribed muscle relaxers. 

Well, what little improvement I thought I had achieved quickly disappeared.  I was back to where I started.  I couldn't barely function without meds, but I couldn't function WITH the med options left for me.  I began to give up on testing for fourth degree and I seriously wondered how long I would be able to continue to hold a job.

Then my friend sent me a message with a possible answer..............
I will continue this testament in my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment